Author Topic: ►►►Port Forwarding: How to host an internet game  (Read 49089 times)

I gave up.  I'd love to be able to host servers but this is ridiculous.

If you only have 1 DNS you only fill in one thing. Dont make much difference.

Rex

Nobody can help me? Rex sad.

Badspot

• Administrator

Just click on everything until you find something where you enter a port range and IP

Well i cant find two DNS things when i log in to the admin for my router...Please help!!!

Rex

Just click on everything until you find something where you enter a port range and IP

I did. At www.portforward.com I found theAmbit router tutorial, I set up a static IP, and the tutorial Ambit images are exactly the same as my router's page. EXCEPT, there is no option to port forward on mine. I have clicked every link multiple times. Portforward.com says to go to "Gateway setup" then to "port forwarding. Which I do, but when I go to gateway setup, I only have two options. None of which are port forwarding. It also says "Basic Gateway Setup" instead of "Gateway Setup". I dunno if parental controls are involved, but my parents didn't set any.

Here is the closest thing to the port forwarding thing of the two options I have under gateway setup:

What does firewall look like?

Rex

When I click on firewall, it looks like the first image. When I click on content filter, it looks like the second image.

w8 nvm i might have figured it out...Gimme a sec and i'll tell you
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:41:05 PM by Squarehead »

im curios for forwarding your port do you have to do it on the computer thats router your connecting off of or can you do it on your computer

I did put in that 1 DNS Number but i still can't host, Badspot can you help out here?

Eh Sorry for the Double Post...But here is what I see for the DNS number(s)

DNS 1: 255.188.146.145

DNS 2: (Blank)

DNS 3: (Blank)

This is what it shows me... (without the (Blank)'s) there is only that one DNS number, Can ANYONE Help out here? I givez a cookie if you make it where i can host! Here is my Lockbox to da cookie...And it is UNPICKLOCKABLE! [ :cookie: ]

I am stuck on the last step.  Where do I find the subnet mask?

I am stuck on the last step.  Where do I find the subnet mask?
It's usually 255.255.255.0, no need to change it.

How do you know your ping is dead? Who is telling you this?