Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 325443 times)

Things I'd like to be in V4:

Allow URL's Good idea

Smiley's for chat Eh.

Well, do want chat-room for clans and such. Already being done.

*like* system like on Facebook. (Mod manager should have new button that says *Like* on it and when you do your IRC profile shows you *Like* this add-on.)I get what you're saying but what would be the point?

All of these I'd love to see in V4. Thank you.

As for the "Like" system, I guess it'd be more of a Digg thing. You can vote a certain mod, map, decal, sound, etc up or down, and the top # most popular could be displayed on that many lists on the Homepage.

A like system would not work with the volume of add-ons that we have.

Tom

I think a simple 'like' (maybe a different name) button instead of ratings would be useful. With the current rating system, people will downrate a whole star, maybe even two, just because they do not like a small little detail.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:37:16 PM by Tom »

One of the RTB servers (the webserver) is going to be moved in the next few days to a 64 bit architecture. Chances are I'll have to recompile our custom php builds for this so things might be a little fishy in the coming days. This is just a heads up.

Can you add a section for Music on RTB please.

The scanner can already detect whether things are in stereo so it could be possible to read the length and auto-fail anything longer than about 20-30 seconds.

It's just the work involved adding special handling to download music to the Music folder that scares me. Plus the current database schema will not play nice with multiple files within a single submission (which people generally want to do with music).

If there's overwhelming demand for it and a nice HTML5/Flash solution for previewing music online then I'll consider adding it next time I refactor the downloads system.

Flash only supports MP3, but Firefox implementation of HTML5 supports OGG.

Flash only supports MP3

There are ways to get ogg working in flash.

Note: This is not an invitation for you to get your e-peen out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:55:10 AM by Ephialtes »

It's just the work involved adding special handling to download music to the Music folder that scares me. Plus the current database schema will not play nice with multiple files within a single submission (which people generally want to do with music).

If there's overwhelming demand for it and a nice HTML5/Flash solution for previewing music online then I'll consider adding it next time I refactor the downloads system.

I'm asking this, because I tried adding a song to my add-ons and it does not work.

Just thought I'd point out if you haven't noticed yet, but the new update broke the server browser to a degree.  Bricks counts now show as zero and map name I can only guess is what the brick count is.

Just thought I'd point out if you haven't noticed yet, but the new update broke the server browser to a degree.  Bricks counts now show as zero and map name I can only guess is what the brick count is.

not good.

The scanner can already detect whether things are in stereo so it could be possible to read the length and auto-fail anything longer than about 20-30 seconds.

I would make it 20-30 sec. if it is part of a real song and 1 min. max if it is mood music.

asdfsnip