Kaphost Blockland Servers

Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 540703 times)

*Free FTP storage*

Hosted in St Louis, Missouri, this is a top-of-the-line server to host a dedicated server for people. It includes console access (executable JAR with console viewing, start/stop, and eval usage), remote starting / stopping, and FTP access. The server itself has about 16 GB of memory and a octocore CPU, which can support about 75 Blockland servers. Each player has a few gigabytes of space to utilize. There is no set limit on disk usage, but it must be reasonable.

Why use a remote server?
This server has a networking capability to hold 2,875 players spread across all servers (based on 3.2mbps per 100 players, total 92mbps). The server alone is capable of holding 900 players (based on memory).

What happens on lower-tier residential connections is that they fall short of a server in a datacenter. Residential connections do not provide as fast ping times and bandwidth speeds than this server.

Next, this server has a backup power supply along side many other servers, which means (1 high uptime, around 99% and (2 a large group of people ready to fix an outage.

Clients may request a free Mumble server. Feel free to suggest or request things for you or the service.

There is a limit of 1.67GB RAM per server. This is the game's limit; these servers are capable of hosting up to 99 players. For New Years' 2011, I reached 107 players, it was the first time in history that it happened. I could only keep 99 because of the memory limitation:

(topic for the party, 2011)

For 2012, I went even higher with 127 players without crashing. I broke the previous record of 107. I changed a switch in the EXE to allow more memory, however clients have to specifically request the switch change.

(topic for the party, 2012)

Other feats:

Didn't pay attention before I lagged out - the serverlist shows 65 players. How much are/were there?
Oh, 73.

The great thing is that you can host servers with tons of players without any lag (I had ~60 some the other day on my JailRP).
Shortly after receiving payment Kalph set up my server, and without much trouble I started it and connected. Kalph also connected and helped me with a few things, the process was very smooth. The server is pretty much lag-free so far. Transferring add-ons is very easy (it's worth noting RTB is included by default). I'll give a more complete review after I've used it for a few days/weeks.
I am enjoying my server already. Kalphiter did drop by nicely to help and rule out any possible errors. My server is running smoothly , and is able to host my 30K brick Arctic TDM dedicated with almost no lag.
I got everything up and running with my add-ons all uploaded :D

I am very satisfied, thanks very much
Great service, Kalphiter set this all up within five minuets of payment. It hasn't crashed yet and I have no lag!
Hey, I would just like to thank Kalphiter for having such a simple to run, easy to get working, and lag free server hosting business.
Thank you for having an awesome hosting service Kalph. 10/10.
Great service. Over the year I've had my server up, my ping has always been around 20 and I haven't gotten any lag even on servers with over 50 players. My server has never had any problems besides Blockland's own issues. I highly recommend buying this service if you plan on hosting any kind of server.

10/10, would buy again.

Your requirements
1. Know how to use an FTP client (guide)
2. Know how to change prefs without a client (knowing the pref list)
3. Know how to administrate your own server
Mostly the requirements of running a normal dedicated server.

CLIENTS (~38 servers, outdated list)

• Gravity Cat
  • Heedicalking
  • Pecon7
  • DrenDran
  • Crown
  • Jasa
  • Darth Maul
  • Boomerangdog
  • Sock
  • Jorgur
  • LegoPepper
  • MeltingPlastic
  • Kazami
  • Air Glider
  • Shock
  • Tango
  • YoungRotations
  • Darren
  • Yorktown95
  • Sgt. A Walter
  • RelliK

Rates
1 month

$6.00
£3.74
€4.64

3 months
(17% off)

$15.00
£9.35
€11.60

6 months
(23% off)

$28.00
£17.46
€21.66

Buy
Send a PM to me or an e-mail to support with these details: an e-mail address to which invoices will be sent, an e-mail address for server notifications (for expiration notices, etc...), and what you want to buy.
The paying e-mail address doesn't have to be PayPal linked, but you must use PayPal (does not require account) to pay. Use a debit/credit card or bank account to pay.

Trial
Just buy 1 month of service and if you don't like it within 5 days, money back. Some post-refund period exceptions made.

Support

Support e-mail the fastest way to get support (better than PM or posting here). Always include server name (ie blockland99) when needing assistance with your server.

My server is online, where is it?
Most likely the server is alive but it had problems communicating with the master server.

You probably can just try webcom_postserver(); in your server's console. Try it a few times until it reappears on the list.

If you haven't changed the port which you're not allowed to, you can use this forumula to connect: 3(Blockland##)00. If I were Blockland03, then my port would be 30300.
Click "Connect to IP", then type the following in the IP box and replace "port" appropriately: 69.64.43.11:port

I just got my server, now what?
The first course of action you want to take is to set your key. Your key, not your BLID. It is recommended to do it right after you start it. You can set your key by inserting this into remote console, quotes included: setKey("KEYHERE");
You can also do it here.

Blockland will reload. You now own the server, and may rejoin.

Important thing to remember is that your port has to be set correctly for this to work.

How do I upload files?
I suggest using FileZilla for using FTP. Once it's installed, click "File", then click "Site Manager"
Next, fill in the appropriate credentials.

The duplicator isn't working, how do I fix it?
This is a problem of many dedicated servers:
Just load a save (a 1 brick save is enough)

How do I load saves faster?
Put the save file into base/server/temp/temp.bls then type /reloadbricks while in your server

Why is the BLRC screen blank?
Click on the edges as if you were going to resize it
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:51:31 PM by Kalphiter »

Interesting, I see this is the new official topic.

My connection to my server timed out and now the server isn't in the list anymore. Crashed it appears.

My connection to my server timed out and now the server isn't in the list anymore. Crashed it appears.
46.4.50.247:30200 is online but empty.

I keep crashing whenever I have about 30 people. It pisses me off to maximum extent. Anyone else have this? mass lag?

I find no use for this since the overall boost in server connection quality isn't that different from what my internet connection provides. All this really looks like is you getting the chance to take our money and in return all we get is slightly better ping differential, not to mention that you would have total control over what we could host.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:39:55 PM by KillerD72 »

I find no use for this since the overall boost in server connection quality isn't that different from what my server's connection provides.
With lots of people it is, but for a freebuild it really isn't worth it.

If a major TDM with 30+ players Lags
That means the host's internet connection isn't that great. Or that the client's connection isn't that great either.

Community builds are, though.

I find no use for this since the overall boost in server connection quality isn't that different from what my internet connection provides. All this really looks like is you getting the chance to take our money and in return all we get is slightly better ping differential, not to mention that you would have total control over what we could host.
You're paying me, why would I "control" what you host if I want your business?
Also, how am I "taking" your money if it's your choice whether to pay me or not?

Hey Kalphiter, my server lagged and then crashed when it just got real popular, can you help explain that at all?
edit: ftp can't connect either
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:30:56 PM by DrenDran »

Okay this is not cool Kalphiter. Once yesterday and now today the server crashed(?) and everyone's connection timed out. If this keeps happening I want my money back. Every time that happens, apparently randomly, I need to recreate the minigame.

You're paying me, why would I "control" what you host if I want your business?
Also, how am I "taking" your money if it's your choice whether to pay me or not?

Kalphiter i didn't bought your Host but i have seen that Demian's Server crashed and was having the Ping: 40.003 or more.

this is omg? i heard this would be good i was thinking on paying but after i heard that the servers crash sometime i will give up Renting your Dedicated Hosting Service.

If this is real that this Hosting is not more as an normal Blockland Server. and you are getting Money for it then you will get in big problems. I don't say that your Host isn't fast i think it is fast but i think you have problems with your connection.

I was wondering why this Hosting just costs 15,00$ dollars for the first month and for all other months 10,00$. other Dedicated Hosting Service's costs 299,99$ Dollar's or 199$ but every Dedicated Hosting Service i found on internet costs over 30$ Dollar's and 100$ dollars is the correct price for an Dedicated Hosting Service.

Now to all: Instead of renting an Dedicated Hosting Service you could buy:

Windows Server 2008 or you can get an PC with very good Processor ( example is: Intel core i3,i5,i7, i7extreme ). my friend is an nerd and he have one of these good computers. but he don't play blockland he plays much time on runescape private servers or host some.

Oh and sorry if my Grammar isn't perfect i am German thats why i am bad in english.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:25:06 AM by Allstarland »

Allstarlan....

A simple IP Trace shows you that it is a real dedicated server from Hetzner.
If you don't trust me, here is the link:
http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/46.4.50.247?lc=en

And i think its comprehensible that he have to face some problems. The service just a few days old!
We are using the very same hardware as he does. And its running fine on our rig.(Except the stupid DNS errors but thats a blockland problem)

Oh, i am also german you can contact me if you want more information about this.(PM)

Kalphiter i didn't bought your Host but i have seen that Demian's Server crashed and was having the Ping: 40.003 or more.

this is omg? i heard this would be good i was thinking on paying but after i heard that the servers crash sometime i will give up Renting your Dedicated Hosting Service.
It's not that easy to setup a unix OS and run a windows vm on it. I think Kalph will find a solution.
@Kalph: maybe VirtualBox (if you use it) is limited and causes problems.

If this is real that this Hosting is not more as an normal Blockland Server. and you are getting Money for it then you will get in big problems. I don't say that your Host isn't fast i think it is fast but i think you have problems with your connection.
I joined some of "his" servers and the server IPs were from hetzner (the datacenter). there are websites where you can check IPs. ... Warground was faster ;)

I was wondering why this Hosting just costs 15,00$ dollars for the first month and for all other months 10,00$. other Dedicated Hosting Service's costs 299,99$ Dollar's or 199$ but every Dedicated Hosting Service i found on internet costs over 30$ Dollar's and 100$ dollars is the correct price for an Dedicated Hosting Service.
Stop wondering yourself and check the prices on the web. In Germany it is that cheap. It's funny you don't know that.

Now to all: Instead of renting an Dedicated Hosting Service you could buy:

Windows Server 2008 or you can get an PC with very good Processor ( example is: Intel core i3,i5,i7, i7extreme ). my friend is an nerd and he have one of these good computers. but he don't play blockland he plays much time on runescape private servers or host some.

Oh and sorry if my Grammar isn't perfect i am German thats why i am bad in english.
His server has an i7 processor and 8gb RAM. And he has an 100mbit UPLOAD and download connection with no disconnect! Now tell me where you get such a connection at home.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:03:42 AM by Stulle »