Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294744 times)

As requested.

I released a small update to the beta fixing most of the issues regarding chat that have been posted. I haven't gotten around to fixing any mod manager issues yet.

Preferences 1.1 has also been released to all, featuring bug fixes and pref saving and loading, thanks to Paperwork.

When trying to update Slayer via the website, I receive this message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /path/removed/because/cloudflare/private/lib/class.Diff.php on line 141

Do I need a copy of Blockland Glass on my server in order to use the preference system?

Do I need a copy of Blockland Glass on my server in order to use the preference system?
Yeah.

Glass 3.0.0 has been released! Very much thanks goes to the great beta team, and specifically Paperwork, who was instrumental in finding and resolving bugs, as well as making some contributions.

In the coming months, Glass is likely to take a seat on the back-burner for me. I'll still do my best to fix bugs and make minor tweaks, but I won't be able to tackle anything too ambitious. I'll still be happy to review pull requests and accept contributions by others via Github.

I hope everyone enjoys the chat system! I'll be updating the server some time soon, but it'll likely be a midnight update or something.

can someone give me a run-down of BL glass? or rather a run-down of its flaws?

i heard that it breaks some preferences or something, but the mod manager i see in the OP is just too interesting to ignore.

can someone give me a run-down of BL glass? or rather a run-down of its flaws?

i heard that it breaks some preferences or something, but the mod manager i see in the OP is just too interesting to ignore.
Everyone that has any issue with Blockland just blames Blockland Glass because they don't know any better. I've had no issues with it. The chat functions really well you can talk to your friends, and the in-game mod manager works fine too you can download and view add-ons.

Everyone that has any issue with Blockland just blames Blockland Glass because they don't know any better. I've had no issues with it. The chat functions really well you can talk to your friends, and the in-game mod manager works fine too you can download and view add-ons.
right but what about the recent rtb preferences problem that was traced back to BL glass, or was that problem squelched?

right but what about the recent rtb preferences problem that was traced back to BL glass, or was that problem squelched?

in regards to them saving/loading, that should be fixed now.
if there are any issues from this point forward regarding the preferences they should be immediately brought up on this thread, but I don't think there are any: I just tested a clean BL installation (again) with BLG and New Duplicator on a different PC, changed some settings via BLG preferences in-game, restarted the game then checked to see if they saved - they did.

on a technical note, all preferences that are registered are saved to a new config file located at /config/server/BLPrefs/prefs.cs - the only prefs you won't find here are the standard BL server ones (e.g. server name) as those are already exported normally via the usual prefs.cs

BLG will not make your computer explode.

I've been having an issue with the server preferences not actually saving. I set my preferences in the blg gui but none of it saves

Edit: It appears I was using the version before 3.0.0 so I'll test this again.

I re-installed and it works fine.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:20:04 PM by Maya67 »

Edit: It appears I was using the version before 3.0.0 so I'll test this again.

I re-installed and it works fine.

nearly gave me a heart attack.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:24:18 PM by Paperwork »

function disconnectedCleanup() {
    GlassLive::updateLocation(false);

parent::disconnectedCleanup();
  }

This function is supposed to have a %doReconnect parameter.