Author Topic: Despair Syndrome: Murder Mystery with more focus on Mystery (STATUS UPDATE pg22)  (Read 58725 times)

Once again, where is this "threatening"?

Here, you were threatening his administrator position. Also, for the third time now, can you explain how he is on watch?

again,
If you think the ban isn't for harassment and threatening, then I can gladly change it to "Continuously knocking an innocent out and locking them in your room" instead.

Here, you were threatening his administrator position. Also, for the third time now, can you explain how he is on watch?
That's not threatening at all, Col. That's acknowledging the fact that after Navar acted the way he did last time, Jack surely must be keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't abuse he position again. Seriously I think you need to Google these words, because you're acting very extreme, I get banned for 10 days for being RDMed by eddie?

??

Many people do this, including me, its not metagaming.

btw crystal this seems like a great idea

Hey that's me :D. Also, I thought he meant skype as in "hey this is who killed me".

if you ban for one-off 'freekills' on a murder mystery then you need to be deadmined immediately
chances are if the freekill was justified the person who committed the kill will explain and either say that the person they killed was doing something suspicious or saying that it was an accident and they're sorry
if that's the case then of course that shouldn't be ban worthy

but if you're up against someone who is incompetent and doesn't know what is going on and is blind to all of the admins telling them to read the rules or being a massive troll then most people won't want to deal with the rdm's and the ruined rounds that will follow if that user isn't removed
usually the bans are for people who are trolls/incompetent, with the experience that i have admining games like this i can attest that probably only like 1 out of 15 bans are unjustified which seems pretty good for a gamemode that is impossible to administrate

in the case of [L] he's probably more trolling than being incompetent although you never know how much of an idiot someone can be

make sure he doesn't abuse he position again.
How did he abuse his position? Proof?

I get banned for 10 days for being RDMed by eddie?
You are avoiding so many things, You were knocking him unconscious continuously, it was self defense so he wouldn't be locked in a room. for the third time now, would you like me to change your ban reason?

Banned for 5 days for a single freekill. This is incredibly extreme and I'm pretty disappointed that bans like these are a normal on this server.

col states that jack would have banned me for even longer apparently.

Well maybe you shouldn't freekill. True freekills, as in randomly killing a person for the luls, is not ok. 5 days is plenty for you to think about it.

you should only ban people who are actually in the wrong
if no admin talked to cavik before his ban was made then maybe the admin team is just a whole bunch of morons

chances are if the freekill was justified the person who committed the kill will explain and either say that the person they killed was doing something suspicious or saying that it was an accident and they're sorry
if that's the case then of course that shouldn't be ban worthy

Yeah. I've noticed that in some of your better murder mystery servers users only get banned for 'freekilling' when they've committed it enough for it to be a tangible issue. Often times I've seen in bad murder mystery servers where an admin opts to give a harsh ban to people who killed an innocent as an innocent.

I don't think the rules should be so literal in those regards. Every round is unique and there can be a million justifiable reasons why an innocent would kill an innocent.

but if you're up against someone who is incompetent and doesn't know what is going on and is blind to all of the admins telling them to read the rules or being a massive troll then most people won't want to deal with the rdm's and the ruined rounds that will follow if that user isn't removed

Yeah, this is what I mean. It's almost painfully obvious when a new user doesn't know what he/she is doing or disregarded the rules. This is usually what the 'no freekilling' rule is set for, right?

to read the rules or being a massive troll then most people won't want to deal with the rdm's and the ruined rounds that will follow if that user isn't removed
usually the bans are for people who are trolls/incompetent, with the experience that i have admining games like this i can attest that probably only like 1 out of 15 bans are unjustified which seems pretty good for a gamemode that is impossible to administrate

From what it looks like, {L} is a pain in the ass to deal with but I don't think he's purposely attempting to ruin other people's rounds on purpose. If what he says is true and he was provoked into attacking and ended up retaliating against an innocent, then I don't think what he did should be classified as rdming.

Actually, from what it looks like, you admins pretty much spoiled it for {L} by telling him the person he is attacking is innocent. Seriously, deal with this stuff after rounds. It doesn't matter if he's knocking out an inno, you just gave him information he had no way of getting in-round.

Actually, from what it looks like, you admins pretty much spoiled it for {L} by telling him the person he is attacking is innocent. Seriously, deal with this stuff after rounds. It doesn't matter if he's knocking out an inno, you just gave him information he had no way of getting in-round.
i am also an advocate of an intermission after rounds mafia madness style
admining mafia madness is actually possible unlike the stuff show that occurs when attempting to admin in this gamemode simply because you have time to talk to people and the admins aren't going to be as ban happy because they aren't busy playing a round
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:44:13 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

if no admin talked to cavik before his ban was made then maybe the admin team is just a whole bunch of morons

It doesn't matter if he's knocking out an inno, you just gave him information he had no way of getting in-round.
He kept asking for our attention every 5 seconds. I didn't want to deal with it after round because there is no /damagelog or /whois for past rounds.

He kept asking for our attention every 5 seconds. I didn't want to deal with it after round because there is no /damagelog or /whois for past rounds.
here jack have another reason to add intermissions after rounds

i am also an advocate of an intermission after rounds mafia madness style
admining mafia madness is actually possible unlike the stuff show that occurs when attempting to admin in this gamemode simply because you have time to talk to people and the admins aren't going to be as ban happy because they aren't busy playing a round

I think this gamemode could benefit from a round intermission to solve freekills and such before the new round starts. It would fix a lot of complications.

I'm not denying that I freekilled someone and yes I think punishment was justified, but for 5 days is extreme and that's the point I'm arguing here.

also another thing

This is completely off topic, and is also harassing to the administration.

I can completely understand what he meant by here, it totally looked like you guys were ganging up on him. This 'harassment' bullstuff is exactly the sort of thing I'd see coming out of the mouths of a stuffty admin.

If you didn't want to deal with sass back from your players, treat them with the respect you want to be treated with.

I didn't want to deal with it after round because there is no /damagelog or /whois for past rounds.

Then tell your coder(s) to fix it, then.