●[AoB]● - Architects of Blockland - 2014

Author Topic: ●[AoB]● - Architects of Blockland - 2014  (Read 15593 times)

AoB is a clan mostly dedicated to building, that gathers builders who enjoy working in groups and want to spend time sharing and learning from other members. If you're looking for a nice group of people to build amazing things with and have a good time, then you've come to the right place.

In 2006, General Jake started hosting servers to work on large builds. After a while, he noticed that a lot of the people helping him with his projects came back to help on later projects. He started to feel like these people formed a "team" of builders; a team of architects. Soon after, the idea came to organize a formal clan with these builders as the core members. The name "Architects of Blockland" was coined, neat and simple, and such AoB was born with General Jake as its leader. Some early members who were highly influential to AoB's development were FredzoC, Polymer (AKA :Tom:), and *Magick* Mage.

Throughout most of its history, the clan founder, General Jake, maintained leadership. However, in 2011, Jake took a backseat position in AoB, giving Remousamavi the role of acting director. Soon after, before the 2012 year, General Jake retired, announcing his departure from Blockland. He handed full leadership of the group over to Remousamavi to act from 2012, until the year 2013, in which Remousamavi stepped aside from the leading role. After a long hiatus, the clan is back from the dead, aiming for a leadership based in a group of co-leaders which include Flaedr, Plasma, Dante77 and General Jake (in an advisory role) as the current authorities of the clan.

Previous AoB editions

- AoB 2006                    - AoB 2007                    - AoB 2008
- AoB 2009                    - AoB 2010                    - AoB 2011
- AoB 2012                    - AoB 2013

To apply to AoB, keep in mind that you have to be skilled, this clan has high standards. If you consider yourself a good builder, then you can give it a try. If not, then you can gain some knowledge and come back later.

To get in the clan, you must submit an application to us. Build anything you like that shows your strengths in building, preferably something with an exterior and an interior, though we can make an exception if you're specialized in one and not both of those fields. The size is up to your decision big builds are preferred, but smaller ones can be accepted as well, as long as you compensate it with detail. For example: A 32x32 is a small build, it will have more chances to be accepted if the space is properly used and it has enough detail to make up for the dimensions of the build.

All members of the clan are able to judge an app. To get in, the build has to be accepted by most of the clan (At least 80% of it). Though the leaders have the final say, you're in good track if the majority of the members accept your app. Note that your behavior is also judged, that means that you might be a great builder, but being an ass to other people isn't what we are looking for.

Our current project

AoB Sepia Mansion II

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:15:17 PM by Dante77 »

My name is General Jake and I approve of this message.

My name is General Jake and I approve of this message.

Well that was fast lol

Aob sepia mansion is better than all the others projects I've seen, it's nice!

Looking forward to seeing what AoB produces this year. I'm interested to see how youll play out having 5 leaders :o

Looking forward to seeing what AoB produces this year. I'm interested to see how youll play out having 5 leaders :o

Well we only have 4 leaders listed up there, and considering that Jake isn't too active, it's really more like 3.

it's really more like 3

This. I'm mostly here as an adviser if there are to be any major policy shifts or if any issues arise.

yes time to join once I get time.

mind holding a position for me? ;)

Can there be eventers of this clan? I'm good at eventing and practically can make anything happen with events. I just the right ones on the server... However, I'm also good at making small builds.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:11:41 PM by Netherwolf »

Can there be eventers of this clan? I'm good at eventing and practically can make anything happen with events. I just the right ones on the server... However, I'm also good at making small builds.

yes, we will be accepting eventers in a near future

Well I'm quite good at eventing, I know all sorts of VCE, randomizers, basic eventing, and can just generally figure stuff out easily. If I was going to apply for eventing, do I have to make something to relate for that?

Also, is it possible to be a Builder/Eventer?

Will you be doing any video related things? I have some good software and techniques for it.