5 (14.3%)
Nobushi
3 (8.6%)
Orochi
1 (2.9%)
Shugoki
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: For Honor thread [OUT NOW!]  (Read 48390 times)

until they guard break you

I'm coming for you, swedes and japs. Knights best faction, we'll rule the beta.

DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VEULT

what if im a norman

am i the only one that is kindve annoyed theres not like, numerical stat comparisons between gear and heroes? i mean i can tell the longer stats bar means better and the short stats bar means worse, but itd be nice to know what exactly im changing when i upgrade/switch gearsets.

for example, how much block damage am i actually reducing when i get a piece of armor that boosts that stat? you cant really tell whether its a good trade off from stamina recovery or something

Really considering picking this up for PC, but I don't have a working controller atm. fml.

i love the fat japanese guy thank god i dont have to switch factions to clobber dweebs with his big ass club

Loving it so far, need to practice guard break countering, people have a tendency to spam it.
People running away at low health in Dominion is pretty annoying, but I have to remind myself it's about objectives. Still chase after them anyway, because forget you if you think you're not getting murdered

why does shugoki have a move that can one shot people who are at full health when shugoki himself is at critical
who thought this was a good idea

You have to time your counter guard breaks perfectly, you have a very small window to do it. The key is to not try to counter as soon as your guards broken, wait like a half second after. Button mashing doesn't work at all in the game.

Also I found out how blocking when you're not locked into someone works, and it makes getting ganked 10x easier
From what I found you're supposed to wait until right when their hand comes in contact with you, that's what I did in the advanced tutorial and I kept countering the guard break.  Also I learned to parry well, didn't take much practice - like 5 minutes of a practice duel and I pretty much perfected it.

why does shugoki have a move that can one shot people who are at full health when shugoki himself is at critical
Are you talking about his back break thing?  That does a bit less than half health, and if you let a Shugoki grab you it's kinda your fault lol.

Also has anyone figured out Kensei is amazing?  You can turn any chain of attacks into a heavy unblockable from above, even throwing lets you do an unblockable attack.  I love it.

back break only finishes off people with low health. not only is it easy to avoid but shugoki literally loses like 1/4th of his health if he misses. you dont even have to personally punish them.

back break only finishes off people with low health. not only is it easy to avoid but shugoki literally loses like 1/4th of his health if he misses. you dont even have to personally punish them.
nah, it can kill people who are at full health if shugoki himself is at critical
i know its easy to avoid but he shouldnt have a hail mary thats so high reward and low risk when hes at critical health

The first time i saw shugoki he one hit me as conqueror with full health.

aight thoughts on the lawbringer? personally, i think hes unmatched in dominion/any teamfight, and its extremely easy to 2v1 if you build revenge stats. but in 1v1's he just feels really underwhelming. he has too many people that can counter him very easily (peacekeeper, orichi, nuboshi, shugoki), and he's just not quick enough to compete that well. parrying is really beneficial, but if you miss one you really forget yourself over, and his shoves/throws are easy to see coming.

he's def still cool, and ill still use him for 4v4 gamemodes, but ima have to go back to orichi/peacekeeper or try someone new for 1v1's

also the shugoki is amazing and his guard break > heavy attack super swing that sends the other guy flying is the best move in the game
i've changed my mind female raider's unblockable axe swing is actually the best move because they sound like frieza

new poll but this time with the new classes

previous poll