Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5778554 times)

I'm still bummed that the mod api got pushed back again

It's because naming something is an enchantment.

he never said anything about naming items?

he said repairing

I saw the picture and thought dkamm was posting some mod screenshot (He removed me on Steam and won't add me back, so I don't know what he does anymore). I was thinking of posting "Ya, Dinnerbone wanted to allow you to enchant paper and anvil it to tools." Then I saw Reg's post, checked Dinnerbone's twitter, and was like "... :| Oh..."

Also, Dinnerbone did a hacky thing to allow players to set a default resolution. Hacky because the launcher should do it and not the game, he says. But this is so people who make videos can have the game automatically at a certain resolution.

Also, Dinnerbone did a hacky thing to allow players to set a default resolution. Hacky because the launcher should do it and not the game, he says. But this is so people who make videos can have the game automatically at a certain resolution.

Or, you can just use Magic Launcher.

He did it by request for vanilla.

everything is better in vanilla! :D

Well, yeah. Magic Launcher has a bunch of other features that  don't exist in vanilla.

optifine would be nice in vanilla , that make it 10x better

yes

Well, yeah. Magic Launcher has a bunch of other features that  don't exist in vanilla.
point still stands though, it'd be nice to see some features from magic launcher or multimc in vanilla

Instead of adding Optifine, they should make the game not a laggy piece of stuff.

Instead of adding Optifine, they should make the game not a laggy piece of stuff.
i don't lag unless i have a bunch of other stuff open or i have the render distance on far

i don't lag unless i have a bunch of other stuff open or i have the render distance on far

It doesn't lag with built in settings, no, but you need a loving supercomputer to add shaders. Mind you, it looks good with shaders, but even with them, the game still doesn't look nearly as good as other games.

Built in any other engine than Java, identical graphics, Minecraft would run at 15,000 fps.

i've noticed little lag on macs than I do with windows, why is this? Could it be the CPU or the OS itself?

Keep in mind this was a mac from 2006-2007, older than mine.

oh my god why

i've noticed little lag on macs than I do with windows, why is this? Could it be the CPU or the OS itself?

Keep in mind this was a mac from 2006-2007, older than mine.
it's obviously not the OS

it's not the OS at all

it's obviously not the OS

it's not the OS at all
isn't that why Linux is used in servers and for computers that can't run stuff, cause the OS doesn't take much to run?