Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291245 times)

i've got munk's server pack but trying to change anything in it via the glass interface doesn't do anything

deleted this add-on because it was literally the worst add-on inconvenience ever.
the old RTB manager will do just fine.
I find that incredibly surprising as you can configure Glass to be nearly silent and purely in the background. Sorry that your experience wasn't the best, but if you'd like to see change then we need more input than that.

nice
all of these just appeared at the same time
Interesting. I'm curious if it was a network issue or a problem with the notifications themselves. I'll work on notification pooling when I have time.

two bugs i noticed with preferences:
  • it doesnt update the preferences window if i edited values through eval/whatnot before opening the preferences window
  • if i edit the server name/welcome message without changing the length of the string, it wont detect that the value has been changed
The first one is hard to compensate for unless we constantly check the variables to see if they've changed, and if that's put on a schedule then there'll be a delay to the gui updating. Will check on the second issue.

I do have to admit, seeing all those messages all the time unless your disconnect from glass is very annoying.
If wish there was a way to make it so you can still be connected to glass but not have that constantly popping up.
If there is PLEASE tell me!
If not then please make it so!
You've been able to disable most notifications since day one.

Had an issue where I was unable to join my own server due to sequence "base/data/shapes/player" missing for m.dts; removing Glass fixed the issue. This was with a dedicated server where the client im joining the server with is the same that the server is hosted on. I was able to join it fine with an alternate install without glass.
Oddly enough, if I spammed join attempts to my server on the client that got rejected, i would be able to get in after a number of times, only to suffer a runtime error or crash midway through loading.

notably, the console spammed connection dropped errors (iirc error 7 and 3), despite the inital posting to glass server being successful. Earlier today i was able to join my own server with Glass running, and at that time api.blocklandglass.com was connecting fine.
I don't believe Glass touches anything that could possibly cause that issue, and I think that's been a long standing engine issue when hosting a dedicated server while playing on the same installation.

I can't log into my Glass account.
Why? I've forgotten my password
OR
Someone is using my ID, though unlikely.
Password recovery coming this week.

I don't believe Glass touches anything that could possibly cause that issue, and I think that's been a long standing engine issue when hosting a dedicated server while playing on the same installation.
I also have this issue on certain servers I join. I connect to the server, randomly disconnect for missing the m.dts, and then crash on spawn. After removing this add-on the issue goes away. Not really sure what's causing it but maybe it's due to loading objects on the playergui control?

https://blocklandglass.com/addons/rtb/board.php?name=Vehicles
On the rtb section of the website I cannot view anything past the first page.
There are no page numbers or a next button.

I am using Google Chrome   57.0.2987.32 (Official Build) beta (64-bit).

I find that incredibly surprising as you can configure Glass to be nearly silent and purely in the background. Sorry that your experience wasn't the best, but if you'd like to see change then we need more input than that.
Read my previous post in this topic.

Hey Scout i'm having an issue with one of the server prefs for the new duplicator mod. It's supposed to auto-generate the symmetry tables for the duplicator when I start up my server, but it won't. It worked fine before on RTB but now that i'm using Blockland Glass that feature of the New Duplicator no longer works in the prefs.

Also props for putting up with all the crap people've given you over the mod. Pro baller customer service skills haha. I was skeptical and critical of this mod at first as well but I am very impressed with how far it has come now. I'm never switching back to RTB. And I hope to be uploading all of the addons i've made to Glass soon.

The first one is hard to compensate for unless we constantly check the variables to see if they've changed, and if that's put on a schedule then there'll be a delay to the gui updating. Will check on the second issue.
Immediately update the info when the box is opened by any admin...?

Immediately update the info when the box is opened by any admin...?
Admins open pref gui --> Send a bunch of client commands to the client of each pref

If I remember Slayer does this for their gui and it works pretty well

It wouldn't need to be put on a schedule. It's not something that's gonna happen very frequently and it's a small enough scale to have no noticeable impact on players.

Since blocklandglass.com is included in the Cloudflare leak discussed here I would like to change my password on the website but apparently you do not offer such a feature. When can we expect this feature to be implemented?

Glass should not save prefs and overwrite the server prefs with its version when a server starts. This hidden undocumented "feature" forgeted up my server multiple times, because I edit prefs.cs outside of BL, when BL is closed.

Since blocklandglass.com is included in the Cloudflare leak discussed here I would like to change my password on the website but apparently you do not offer such a feature. When can we expect this feature to be implemented?
We use Cloudflare for DNS exclusively, shouldn't be impacted. I'll add password changing this weekend, however selecting 'forgot my password' on the login screen should allow you to change your password.

Will focus on prefs in next update. I don't really have a timeline for that since prefs has mostly been Shock/Paperwork's business recently and I'm pretty busy with classes.

[...] however selecting 'forgot my password' on the login screen should allow you to change your password.

I've tried that, but apparently I didn't get any mail.

We're currently having intermittent service issues. It appears to be at the fault of an intentional overloading of the service, however there's not enough evidence to be entirely certain. I'm working diligently to relieve the stress and bring everything back online.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I would love the ability to change the name of my add-ons' zips. I do NOT like having some of my old "more default" prints remaining as "Default", as that confuses players and one big point of doing the big updates I did to that pack was that every single print add-on in that pack was supposed to be named "MoreDefault".

Also would like that music support please.